Five Months of Catch-Up
Well, Mommy probably should've had me start this blog several months ago, but I've been keeping her very busy. So, this first post might be kinda long as we speed through the first five months of my life. I was born on Friday April 29th, 2005 at 11:04 pm. I wasn't scheduled to arrive until May 8th, but I've been told Mommy is always in a hurry, so maybe I take after her. I began my journey into the world at 10:30 or so that morning at Daddy's Aviation staff meeting. Those nice people were throwing a party to celebrate me. I didn't want to disappoint them. I was born at Alta Bates hospital in Berkeley, California. Here are some pictures of my family and me the morning after I was born.

Less than 24 hours after being born Mommy and Daddy brought me home. I found all of this change rather disconcerting.
But, I settled in soon enough. In June, my friends Megan and Carter came for a visit. They brought their Mommy and Daddy, Nickie and Roger Dixon, with them. We had lots of fun times. First, we visited the Jelly Belly factory in Vacaville, CA. Thank goodness I was too little to wear one of those silly hats!
Then, we went into San Francisco to watch the 2005 Pride Parade. Here we are before my first trip on BART.
And here are a couple of pictures of us at the parade. As you can see, there are lots of interesting people at the pride parade. Mommy says she was thankful that I was too little to ask questions about what we saw!

I had a very eventful summer - busy with growing, smiling, laughing, eating, pooping, and most importantly playing. At about 4 months old, I got some cool new "big boy" toys. The first of these was my Johnny Jump-up. I have decided that this toy just isn't interactive enough for me. It makes me zone out.
My next new toy was my Exersaucer. This is a truly neato toy. I "exersauce" at least twice a day. I figure I should be nice and give Mommy's arms a break from holding me at least that often. I am still figuring out all of the cool stuff I can do in my exersaucer. This toy definately gets two thumbs up!
Now, don't get me wrong. I really appreciate the gobs of money Mommy and Daddy are spending on me trying to keep me stimulated and entertained. But just recently I discovered that the very best toys of all time are actually attached to me. They are at the ends of my legs and I LOVE them. Yes, that's right, they are my feet. I'll bet you didn't know that feet were such great toys. Here are just a few examples of all of the things you can do with your feet.

I am now just a little over 5 months old. I find that I am enjoying this big world most of the time. I would probably enjoy it more if I would ever cut these teeth that have been trying to come in for a while now. Now that I am a mature five-month old, I have been working on a couple of new tricks. The first one is pushing up onto my hands when I am on my tummy. I HATE being on my tummy, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the only way I will ever be able to go torment that brown, furry thing my Mommy calls "kitty catters" (aka Phoebe) is if I get on my hands and knees. Here is a picture of me working on my push-ups.
As you can see, I'm not real thrilled with the whole tummy bit. My other new trick is sitting up by myself. I don't quite have this one mastered, and to be quite honest I don't really see what's so great about sitting, but Mommy and Daddy think it will be very helpful when I have this one down pat. Here is a picture of one of my recent attempts. 
So, there you have it. I will try to remind Mommy that I need to post more often than once every five months. I hope you have enjoyed the speed tour through the first five months of my life and I can't wait to share the rest of it with all of you!
Here are a couple of cute pictures Mommy made me put in.

Less than 24 hours after being born Mommy and Daddy brought me home. I found all of this change rather disconcerting.

But, I settled in soon enough. In June, my friends Megan and Carter came for a visit. They brought their Mommy and Daddy, Nickie and Roger Dixon, with them. We had lots of fun times. First, we visited the Jelly Belly factory in Vacaville, CA. Thank goodness I was too little to wear one of those silly hats!
Then, we went into San Francisco to watch the 2005 Pride Parade. Here we are before my first trip on BART.
And here are a couple of pictures of us at the parade. As you can see, there are lots of interesting people at the pride parade. Mommy says she was thankful that I was too little to ask questions about what we saw!

I had a very eventful summer - busy with growing, smiling, laughing, eating, pooping, and most importantly playing. At about 4 months old, I got some cool new "big boy" toys. The first of these was my Johnny Jump-up. I have decided that this toy just isn't interactive enough for me. It makes me zone out.
My next new toy was my Exersaucer. This is a truly neato toy. I "exersauce" at least twice a day. I figure I should be nice and give Mommy's arms a break from holding me at least that often. I am still figuring out all of the cool stuff I can do in my exersaucer. This toy definately gets two thumbs up!
Now, don't get me wrong. I really appreciate the gobs of money Mommy and Daddy are spending on me trying to keep me stimulated and entertained. But just recently I discovered that the very best toys of all time are actually attached to me. They are at the ends of my legs and I LOVE them. Yes, that's right, they are my feet. I'll bet you didn't know that feet were such great toys. Here are just a few examples of all of the things you can do with your feet.

I am now just a little over 5 months old. I find that I am enjoying this big world most of the time. I would probably enjoy it more if I would ever cut these teeth that have been trying to come in for a while now. Now that I am a mature five-month old, I have been working on a couple of new tricks. The first one is pushing up onto my hands when I am on my tummy. I HATE being on my tummy, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the only way I will ever be able to go torment that brown, furry thing my Mommy calls "kitty catters" (aka Phoebe) is if I get on my hands and knees. Here is a picture of me working on my push-ups.
As you can see, I'm not real thrilled with the whole tummy bit. My other new trick is sitting up by myself. I don't quite have this one mastered, and to be quite honest I don't really see what's so great about sitting, but Mommy and Daddy think it will be very helpful when I have this one down pat. Here is a picture of one of my recent attempts. 
So, there you have it. I will try to remind Mommy that I need to post more often than once every five months. I hope you have enjoyed the speed tour through the first five months of my life and I can't wait to share the rest of it with all of you!
Here are a couple of cute pictures Mommy made me put in.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home