Mommy, I Don't Feel So Good
I didn't have the greatest of weeks. We started off on Monday on our regular walk with the other Mommies and my friends. I didn't feel like walking so I voiced my opinion - loudly and with lots of tears. I couldn't understand why Mommy didn't get that my ear hurt. I was tugging on it wasn't I? I was crying when I should've been nursing wasn't I? What does she need, flashing neon? Sheesh!
Tuesday I still wasn't feeling well but it was Mommy's 30th birthday (golly that's old!). Daddy stayed home from work so nobody really noticed how fussy I was. I was really trying to be good because it was Mommy's birthday and all. I even smiled a little when Tio Andres, Tia Amy, Aunty Lynda and Aunty Amy came over to celebrate with Mommy. But my ear still hurt and when it came time for my dinner I really tried to make it clear to Daddy how much it hurt my ear to swallow. Being a grown-up must really make you dense. I was so exhausted from fussing all day and shrieking at dinner time that I fell asleep the minute my head hit the bed. Silly Mommy - she thought I was just being cooperative!
Well, on Wednesday I had to ratchet it up a notch. I took a two hour morning nap. Mommy knew something was wrong then. This is how I felt when I woke up and Mommy took my temperature. It was 102!
Mommy took me to the doctor. Finally, someone who understood that my ear hurt! The doctor told Mommy that I had my very first ear infection. Personally, I hope it is my last. The only good part about it is that the doctor told Mommy to give me some really yummy pink goo to make me all better. After a few days of snuggles, hugs, kisses, and pink goo I am feeling like my old self again. I was even up to spending some time this morning banging my toys in my Exersaucer. If you look closely in this picture you can see my furry sister, Phoebe. One of these days I will figure out how to chase her. Until then...
Tuesday I still wasn't feeling well but it was Mommy's 30th birthday (golly that's old!). Daddy stayed home from work so nobody really noticed how fussy I was. I was really trying to be good because it was Mommy's birthday and all. I even smiled a little when Tio Andres, Tia Amy, Aunty Lynda and Aunty Amy came over to celebrate with Mommy. But my ear still hurt and when it came time for my dinner I really tried to make it clear to Daddy how much it hurt my ear to swallow. Being a grown-up must really make you dense. I was so exhausted from fussing all day and shrieking at dinner time that I fell asleep the minute my head hit the bed. Silly Mommy - she thought I was just being cooperative!
Well, on Wednesday I had to ratchet it up a notch. I took a two hour morning nap. Mommy knew something was wrong then. This is how I felt when I woke up and Mommy took my temperature. It was 102!

Mommy took me to the doctor. Finally, someone who understood that my ear hurt! The doctor told Mommy that I had my very first ear infection. Personally, I hope it is my last. The only good part about it is that the doctor told Mommy to give me some really yummy pink goo to make me all better. After a few days of snuggles, hugs, kisses, and pink goo I am feeling like my old self again. I was even up to spending some time this morning banging my toys in my Exersaucer. If you look closely in this picture you can see my furry sister, Phoebe. One of these days I will figure out how to chase her. Until then...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home