Animal Planet
This morning Dada and I went to get Mama some bagels at the bagel store. We were driving along, minding our own business, when Dada said, "what's that lump in the middle of the road?" As we got closer, we noticed that the lump had legs and a head! There was a turtle in the middle of the road! Dada was afraid that the next car that came along might make "turtle pizza" (I don't get it...) so we pulled over. Dada gently nudged that turtle, who had gone into hiding in his shell, out of the road and over to the grass. Hopefully, he is happily swimming in his pond right now! Now that is something I sure didn't see in California!

On Tuesday, my cat Phoebe thought she'd show me the virtues and characteristics of the local blue-bellied lizard. Mama, the killjoy, wouldn't let Phoebe in the house so I had to view the lizard through the kitchen door. Very interesting critter, and no, I didn't see that in CA either! I was a little grossed out by the "leftovers" that Phoebe left on the kitchen doorstep and refused to go outside until Mama removed them. Poor lizard didn't have quite the luck of the turtle. Next - an armadillo!


On Tuesday, my cat Phoebe thought she'd show me the virtues and characteristics of the local blue-bellied lizard. Mama, the killjoy, wouldn't let Phoebe in the house so I had to view the lizard through the kitchen door. Very interesting critter, and no, I didn't see that in CA either! I was a little grossed out by the "leftovers" that Phoebe left on the kitchen doorstep and refused to go outside until Mama removed them. Poor lizard didn't have quite the luck of the turtle. Next - an armadillo!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home