The Adventures of a Blue-Eyed Man

The life story of Michael Noah Minner, born April 29, 2005 in his own words as translated by Andie and Chris Minner (also known as Mommy and Daddy).

Thursday, January 19, 2006

A New Year, A New Tooth, and a New House

Well, I'm not sure what it means, but Mommy said to tell all of you out there that "No, we didn't fall into the abyss or get sucked into a black hole." But we have been very busy. Let me tell you about all of my new adventures.

Adventure #1: Christmas in Bako

It started out with Mommy waking up the day we were to drive to Bakersfield to visit the Grandmas and Grandpas and her car was gone. Yep, that's right. Gone. There sure was a lot of fuss, and I got to meet my very first police officer. He was very nice. We did manage to eventually get to Grandma and Grandpa Minner's house in a rented car. I opened my very first Christmas present at Aunty RoRo's house. Bows are fun! Next, we saw all of Daddy's family from Barstow and Albuquerque.
Me and Cousin Erin

The Festivities

Later on, my Great Uncle Mike stopped by and a unique opportunity presented itself. For the first time we had Great Uncle Mike, Cousin Mike, and Me all in the same room. Here we are!

Mike, Mike, and Mike

The evening of Christmas Eve, I started to not feel so well and Mommy and Daddy ended up rushing me to the ER at 2:30 in the morning on Christmas. I had a bad case of croup! Sleep deprivation and worry caused Mommy and Daddy to forget they had the camera, so alas, no more Christmas pictures. That's okay, I looked like I didn't feel good. I did get lots of fun presents from my friends and family. Everyone was very generous. All in all, Mommy says she's glad I won't remember my first Christmas. Better luck next year, huh?

Adventure #2 Toofer!

I celebrated the beginning of 2006 by getting my very first tooth! It took one long, sleepless night, but when morning arrived there it was! I am still getting used to having this weird hard lump in my mouth. I like to run my tongue over it and test it out by biting things - Mommy and the cat don't mind. Here are a couple of pictures of the prized chomper.


My pearly white!

A toothy smile

I've got three more just about ready. We wouldn't want Mr. Toofer to be lonely would we?

Adventure #3 A New House

Mommy tells me that having your car stolen out of your own driveway is very upsetting. Daddy tells me that driving an hour to and from work every day really sucks because he would rather be playing with me (can you blame him?). I finally told them both that we should get a new house somewhere safe and close to Daddy's work. "What a brilliant child we have!" they both exclaimed. Okay, maybe it didn't happen quite like that, but you get the idea. So, we're moving to a condo in beautiful Alameda in a mere 9 days! Mommy gets a very funny look on her face when she thinks about this - sort of like the face I make when I'm about to spit up. My new house is very cool. I consider it an "antique" seeing as it was built and decorated circa 1970. Mommy and Daddy think this is "cool" and "vintage", but then they're old. According the Daddy, the very best part of the new house is the attached boat dock. Daddy gets this very strange glassy eyed look when he thinks or talks about this place to park a boat. And don't even get him started on what kind of boat we are going to get. For those of you who know - think Tio Andres and flashlights. Mommy is already shopping for swimming lessons and life vests. Mommy and I snuck in today and took some pictures.


Kitchen Fireplace
Wet Bar
Living Room looking out onto the deck
Boat dock (Daddy's favorite)
View of the Estuary from the Livingroom deck
Mommy and Daddy's room (pardon the ladder!)

My room (not a very good picture!)

Mommy said she would spare you all pictures of the bathrooms. Hmmm... they seem like interesting places to me. I can't wait to move in!

I promise I won't wait so long before my next entry, although Mommy said we will be "computerless" for a few days during moving time. So long for now!


P.S. Tio Andres, Mommy says to quit slacking and get back to work. I think looking at pictures of me is far more important!

7 Comments:

Blogger ZParents said...

That is SO COOL!!! I don't know much about Alameda, but living on the water seems like the place to be. I'll bet if you run really fast, Michael, you can jump all the way into the water from the house!

5:42 PM  
Blogger ZParents said...

oh yeah, we posted a link to your blog on ours. Let us know your prefered nickname!

5:43 PM  
Blogger ZParents said...

One last thing.... tell your parents to send mine the dates that you will be in Austin so we can make plans to PARTY!!! It's BYOBottle, though.
Zach

5:48 PM  
Blogger The Keenans said...

THE most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen!!!! Nice to meet you Little MnM : )
Becky (Robison) Keenan

8:20 PM  
Blogger Andie said...

Please don't give the little monkey any ideas. I can barely keep up with him now and he isn't even crawling yet!

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael-
I was beginning to wonder what had happened to you since seeing you (briefly) at the Bako Christmas Night Party-where you weren't really in the mood for a party and therefore Mommy & Daddy didn't get to party much with us either. It's ok-it was still great to see you all. Your new house is beautiful! Good luck with the move-I trust that you will be a great help to Mommy & Daddy on your first move. :) Can't wait for the Housewarming Party!! Oh yeah, and congratulations on your first tooth. You must be very proud of it to let Mommy take such great pictures of it for us all to see. Hope those others come in smoothly for you-those little boogers can be rather painful-huh?!?

Susan Dritt

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! And I’ll have you know I’m working very hard today. Yessiree. No slacking here. Not one bit. Working on lots of high priority things today. Yup. Very busy. Busy busy busy… Ok – off to make some very important phone calls. Nose to the grindstone and all.

-Tío Andrés

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home