The Adventures of a Blue-Eyed Man

The life story of Michael Noah Minner, born April 29, 2005 in his own words as translated by Andie and Chris Minner (also known as Mommy and Daddy).

Monday, February 06, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Boy have there been a lot of changes in my world lately! On Saturday January 28th, we moved into my new house. It was a whirlwind of activity for a couple of days. First, Mommy and Daddy packed up all that was especially precious to them, so that the packers and movers wouldn't break it.
I thought I would help.
Then I figured since Mommy and Daddy were packing the precious things, they should pack me,
my shoes (which are very precious to me!),
and the cat.
Once we got everything moved the fun really began (can you hear the sarcasm in my voice? Daddy says I get that from Mommy...) First off, everything was a mess and I didn't recognize my room. This made taking naps and going to bed at night very weird. Then, Mommy and Daddy left me with Grandma because Mommy had to take the Emergency room at Alameda Hospital for a test drive. After five hours, four needle sticks, two bags of IV fluids, and one Motrin, Mommy was almost as good as new and they came home. It was fun hanging out with Grandma, but I don't like it when Mommy and Daddy are gone so long.

Things are calming down now, and I am getting used to my new room. I am also getting used to my crib. See, Mommy has banished me from my wonderful, cuddly Amby hammock because she caught me trying to crawl out of it. I don't see what the big deal was, nap time was over. I was trying to save her the trouble of coming to get me. (aren't I a nice boy?) But Mommy says one Minner per month at the emergency room is the quota and she sees stitches and broken bones if I fall out of my hammock. This has been quite an adjustment and I am still working on it.

All in all, I will be glad not to have to do this moving thing again for a while. It was a lot of trouble. This is the face I will make the next time anyone mentions having to move.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on surviving your first move! I'm sure Mommy & Daddy are glad it's over too. I'm also glad to hear that Mommy is feeling better, but you forgot to mention the cause for her Alameda Hospital test-drive. It sounds like she had a pretty nasty little issue since she needed all of those needle pokes! You Minner's sure do keep life interesting though-seeing as you saw the need to visit the nice people in Bakersfield's ER to wish them a "Merry Christmas"! And that was just barely a month ago. I'll bet that Mommy & Daddy have had their share of hospital visits for some time. Hope to get to see all of you and the new Casa Minner very soon.
Love,
Susan Dritt

11:29 AM  
Blogger ZParents said...

Poor mommy!! At least you'll meet your insurance deductible early in the year! (Just trying to look on the bright side...)

Have you gotten used to your lovely harbor view yet?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Andie said...

I don't think we'll ever get used to the lovely water view. Michael and I like to look at all the ducks and sea gulls in the water, but they are driving the cat (who is now strictly an indoor cat) to distraction. I am feeling better now - it seems that working hard, nursing, and having a stomach bug of some sort add up to severe dehydration. Who knew? By the way Mere, we will be in Austin June 12th to June 14th and maybe a day or two on either side. Party!

3:50 PM  
Blogger The Stovalls said...

Looks like you remembered to pack all of the important things: the liquor, the baby, and the cat. What more do you need?

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home