A Birthday Extravaganza, a Visitor, and New Milestones
Many exciting things have been going on in beautiful Alameda these past few weeks. Firstly, I turned 1! To celebrate this momentous occasion, Mommy and Daddy invited lots (and I mean LOTS) of family and friends to our house to have a party. Mommy was very worried about stuffing 35 adults and 7 or 8 kids into our little house, but I didn't care as long as I had room to crawl and cruise. Mommy and Daddy were very touched by the number of people who traveled long distances to celebrate with me. For example, Grandma and Grandpa Green, Grandma and Grandpa Minner, Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Minner, Great Grandma Richardson, Uncle Ernie, Uncle Mike and Aunt Jill, Cousins Heather, Scott, Andrew, and Nathan, and Uncle Roger, Aunt Nickie, and my friend Carter all came up from Bakersfield! Another treat was my Great Aunt Linda who came up from Santa Clara. It was wonderful to see everyone. Here are some pictures from the big day.

What's with all the singing?

Cake is yummy!

Must be touching all the loot at the same time!

Little blue car - winner of the favorite present contest
Mommy says I have enough toys to last until my tenth birthday, but there are some that I can't seem to find anymore. I think that sneaky Mommy has hidden them for later. At least she didn't hide my little blue car. I had lots of fun and it was great to see everyone. Now if Mommy would only get her act together and help me with my thank you cards...
Last night, since it was hotter than a huck-a-buck (yes, for all my friends in Bako and Texas, 75 degrees really is hot in Alameda!), we had dinner out on the deck. We were eating peacefully when Daddy pointed at the water and said, "What was that?!" Mommy and Daddy looked at the water for a long time - ignoring me I might add - and finally Mommy saw it too. "Well, that isn't something you see every day around here!" exclaimed Mommy. What on earth were they looking at? Finally, I saw it too. "Kitty Ca(t)!" I yelled and pointed. Mommy and Daddy tried to explain that what I was seeing in the water wasn't a kitty cat, but really was a seal. That's right, there was a baby seal in the estuary last night. I don't know from seals; it looked like a kitty cat to me. Mommy looked at the water for a long time with these funny black glasses and then she tried to take a picture but the kitty cat - I mean seal- was too far away. We looked for him this morning, but I guess he has gone to find his mama. Maybe he was looking for a Mother's Day present...
Just yesterday, I officially became a toddler. I took about 10 steps by myself! I have taken 7 or 8 steps a couple of times now. I am getting braver every day, although I still only walk when I am distracted by something - usually the real kitty cat - and don't realize what I am doing. Mommy is having a hard time capturing the occasion on film, mostly because when I see the camera I drop to all fours and attack Mama so I can take a picture. I am sure she will keep trying and maybe she will try this whole video thing.
Here's to all you Mommies out there! Happy Mother's Day from Daddy and me!

What's with all the singing?

Cake is yummy!

Must be touching all the loot at the same time!

Little blue car - winner of the favorite present contest
Mommy says I have enough toys to last until my tenth birthday, but there are some that I can't seem to find anymore. I think that sneaky Mommy has hidden them for later. At least she didn't hide my little blue car. I had lots of fun and it was great to see everyone. Now if Mommy would only get her act together and help me with my thank you cards...
Last night, since it was hotter than a huck-a-buck (yes, for all my friends in Bako and Texas, 75 degrees really is hot in Alameda!), we had dinner out on the deck. We were eating peacefully when Daddy pointed at the water and said, "What was that?!" Mommy and Daddy looked at the water for a long time - ignoring me I might add - and finally Mommy saw it too. "Well, that isn't something you see every day around here!" exclaimed Mommy. What on earth were they looking at? Finally, I saw it too. "Kitty Ca(t)!" I yelled and pointed. Mommy and Daddy tried to explain that what I was seeing in the water wasn't a kitty cat, but really was a seal. That's right, there was a baby seal in the estuary last night. I don't know from seals; it looked like a kitty cat to me. Mommy looked at the water for a long time with these funny black glasses and then she tried to take a picture but the kitty cat - I mean seal- was too far away. We looked for him this morning, but I guess he has gone to find his mama. Maybe he was looking for a Mother's Day present...
Just yesterday, I officially became a toddler. I took about 10 steps by myself! I have taken 7 or 8 steps a couple of times now. I am getting braver every day, although I still only walk when I am distracted by something - usually the real kitty cat - and don't realize what I am doing. Mommy is having a hard time capturing the occasion on film, mostly because when I see the camera I drop to all fours and attack Mama so I can take a picture. I am sure she will keep trying and maybe she will try this whole video thing.
Here's to all you Mommies out there! Happy Mother's Day from Daddy and me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home